Wednesday, February 10, 2016

I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THE RAILROAD!

      THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11TH.

I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THE RAILROAD!

       To be more accurate, "we've" been working
on the railroad. My Grandson and I.
        For far too many years my collection of
Lionel trains and Plasticville village buildings
had been packed away in boxes gathering dust
instead of memories. I just didn't have the space
to set them up.
         Then, on Super Bowl Sunday, while most
people were watching the "big game" my son
went down to his sister's basement and cut a
large piece of plywood designed to expand an
existing counter to form a train platform.
          Yesterday my grandson Ryan and I
hauled out the boxes, unpacked the track
and cars and set up a layout! Since part of
that effort involved climbing on top of the
counter I delegated that assignment to my
Grandson because his legs and knees still
work! Mine, like the trains that were stored
away, need a little work.
           A few of the engines worked just
fine. But a couple need a bit of TLC before
they'll be ready to haul the freight or
passenger cars.
            We did a few test runs before we
discovered the wires from the Transformer
turning red and smoking. Perhaps some
thicker ones are in order.
             So, there's still some work to do!
But it's kind of nice to see how Lionel has
bridged the gap between generations!
Hope we're on the right track and that all
your NEWS is good!




        

No comments:

Post a Comment