Sunday, February 28, 2016

TIME ON YOUR HANDS!

  MONDAY, FEBRUARY 29TH.
      TIME ON YOUR HANDS!

   Having time on your hands is
suppose to be a good thing. And
today you've got an extra 24 hours!
    It's Leap Year Day. It only
comes around once every 4 years.
But the scientists say it is very
important. You see we've all been
told there are 365 days in a year.
But that's not quite true!
     It reality it takes mother Earth
365.24 days to orbit the sun. And
those .24 days add up!
     So, today, we've added them
and come up with .96 days. That's
close enough to add a February 29th
to our calendar!
       It really works out well for some
folks. Katie Busch of Pottstown was
born of February 29th of 1980. That
was 36 years ago. But, she'll be
observing her 9th Birthday today!
      Wish I had been born on February
29th. If my rough calculations are correct
I'd be about 18!
       But, since my Birthday is in
September this will just be an extra 24
hours for me. Since I'm trying to shake
a cough and congestion I suppose I can
use the extra day.
        Hope you spend the time wisely
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment