Monday, August 21, 2017

BOXED IN!


     TUESDAY, AUGUST 22ND., 2017
                    BOXED IN!

    So, like many of you, my wife and I
failed to get those special glasses everybody
was looking for to watch the eclipse on
Monday.
     We didn't really try very hard. But we
were interested. My wife more than me.
She heard that our grandson had built one
of those "pinhole boxes" to watch the solar
display and asked if I could come up with
the directions on my computer.
       Before I knew it she had pulled out
a scissors, some aluminum foil, a cereal
box and some tape and was busy crafting
her viewer.
        I was equally busy turning from
channel to channel to see where I might
find the best photos without having to
do any work myself,
        Some of you remember that last
eclipse all those years ago. I tried the
cereal box back then and spent three
days trying to get the Rice Krispies
out of my eyes! (There were no
instructions about emptying the box
first!)
        My wife did let me try here
Cheerios viewer and it did work as
advertised! That was kind of neat.
         I enjoyed the shots they showed
on television. Especially those where
they turned off all the lights and
everything was dark!
        Of course, come to think of it,
I could have seen the same thing if
I just turned the TV off!
        Hope you're still able to read
this today and that all your NEWS
is good!





  

No comments:

Post a Comment