Sunday, August 27, 2017

LET'S GET TOGETHER YEA, YEA, YEA!


        SUNDAY, AUGUST 27TH., 2017
LET'S GET TOGETHER, YEA, YEA, YEA!

    Sometime back in 1912 one of my distant
relatives must have said something like those
words sung by Haley Mills in the movie
Parent Trap when he, or she, suggested
starting a reunion of everyone hailing from
the Singley family!
     Well the idea caught on and yesterday
many of us who descended from that he
or she met for the 105th Singley Family
Reunion.
       I remember my Mom and Dad taking
me there when I was just a kid. I wasn't
much into family history then but I've
come to appreciate it more and more and I've
grown older.
       The family traces itself back to the
American revolution where one of our
members fought for independence!
        Another Singley headed the Keystone
View Company, which brought the world
into homes everywhere by way of the
Stereoscope, the original version of what
some people might know as a View Master.
         Then there was the late Ray "Skip"
Singley who played on the very first
Little League World Series winning team
in 1947.
          It was nice to reconnect with
family from as far away as California who
made the trip to Zion Grove Pennsylvania
where that very first Singley reunion was
held 105 years ago.
          I even spotted my Grandma Singley
in one of the photos from a reunion long ago!
          Hopefully the tradition will continue
and some day one of my great grandkids
will find a picture of me at one of the
annual reunions.
           Hope it's a picture they take about
20 years from now....and that all your
NEWS is good!








No comments:

Post a Comment