Tuesday, August 15, 2017

SIDE EFFECTS!


   WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16TH., 2017
                  SIDE EFFECTS!

     If you're going to run a 60 second
commercial for a medicine these days
you'll probably have to be able to sell
your product in 15 or 20 seconds!
     If you've seen any of these spots
lately you've probably noticed that
more than have of the time is used
telling you about potential negative
side effects of the drug. You know.
Things like loss of vision, stomach
aches, even death. That one especially
tends to turn me off.
      Of course you get the same thing
in each package that comes with your
prescription. It's usually two pages,
much of which concerns itself with
possible side effects.
       I tend not to read the material but,
rather, just take my medicine.
       Were I to read that taking a pill
could cause your left ear to ache I
would surely have pain in my left ear
by the following day.
       Consequently after my visit to the
hospital a week ago I merely began
taking the green pill ordered by the
doctors there to aid in correcting a
digestive problem.
        I never connected the sudden and
rather severe ankle pains that hit me on
Sunday when I ended the day with a
limp on my right side and switched to
a cane when both ankles started to ache
on Monday.
       My wife, who does read the
paperwork, pulled out the publication
on my "prescription" and discovered that
the pains in my ankles were, likely, tied
to my green pill.
       So, as of today, the green pill goes!
       The doctors can suggest anything
else they want as long as it leaves my
ankles, and my left ear, alone!
        Hope I'm skipping on both feet
again soon, and that all your NEWS is
good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment