Sunday, June 17, 2018

FLOWER POWER!


  MONDAY, JUNE 18TH., 2018
         FLOWER POWER!

    Saturday proved a perfect day for
a top down drive.
    We stopped by a Bar-B-Q place
in Hamlin from some chicken and
corn then decided to take the long
way back home.
     That route took us to Newfoundland
in Wayne County where, it seems, there's
always something interesting to be found.
      On Saturday that "interesting" thing
turned out to be a Garden Center.
       My wife had remembered seeing
the place a few years back when she
spun wool on her wheel for the annual
GDS Fair. She saw it but never stopped.
This time we did.
        My wife loves flowers and this
place had about every variety you could
think of. I like flowers too although I
usually favor Dandelions which grow
without any effort I my part.
         I saw several SUV's parked in the
lot. It quickly became clear they were
driven by husbands who were following
their wives around as they scouted the
grounds and the store for all kinds of
hanging baskets, potted plants, and
lawn ornaments.
        One gentleman told me the back
seat of his vehicle was packed with
"things" is wife bought in Scranton.
That left the entire rear storage area
for the flowers and plants she and a
store clerk carried out to the car!
         My wife picked out a potted
plant and I thanked my lucky stars
I was driving the Miata! The flower
just fit in the trunk. As long as it
didn't grow while we traveled we'd
be safe!
          We'll have to use a different
road or a bigger car next time we're
in the area.
          Hope you stop to smell (if
not buy) the roses and that all your
NEWS is good!







           

No comments:

Post a Comment