Saturday, June 30, 2018

RIBS AND RICE!


   SUNDAY, JULY 1ST., 2018
          RIBS AND RICE!

    After an early afternoon ice cream
run my wife and I retired to the comfort
of our air conditioning as the temperatures
hung in the 90's Saturday.
      By late afternoon, however, we were
both talking about what we might do for
dinner. I suggested we get back in the
car and take a pleasant top down ride to
Kundla's Outdoor Bar-B-Q in Hamlin.
      My wife was OK with the ride but
wasn't really interested in ribs for dinner.
She'd be happy, she said, to get some of
the fresh corn they've famous for and to
dunk her bread rolls in the sauce from
my serving of ribs.
        That was OK by me so we headed
out.
         I thought it would be hard to find
a parking space on a Saturday evening
but that wasn't the case. The reason that
wasn't the case was because they were in
the process of shutting down when we
showed up about 7:15. There was a very
short line which was great!
          I got my ribs then we moved up
to the counter where they served the corn.
We got there just in time to see the last
ear being sold! Oh oh!
          But wait, there's more. Or maybe
I should say "less." There were no rolls!
In fact at that point the only option for
my wife was rice pudding.
           We split the rids even though
she really didn't crave them and we
shared the rice pudding.
            It's been said "The early bird
gets the worm." Apparently, at
Kundla's, the early bird also gets the
corn and the ribs!
             It wasn't what we set out for
but the ride was pleasant and the
unusual combination of Ribs and rice
wasn't bad (although it's hard to dunk
rice pudding in bar-b-q sauce!),
               Hope we remember to watch
our time next time and that all your
NEWS is good!          

1 comment:

  1. Been awhile since we ate there. I'll bet both the ribs and the rice pudding were good and next time your timing will be better.

    ReplyDelete