Tuesday, June 5, 2018

SAY CHEESE!

Monday, June 4
SAY CHEESE!
(My apologies to the lactose intolerant community and Vegan readers.)
It’s National Cheese Day! I love cheese! Mozzarella, Provolone, Pepper jack, Brie, and freshly grated Parmesan are among my favorites.
I feel like Bubba from “Forrest Gump” when I think of all the ways it can be enjoyed: grilled cheese, mac ‘n cheese, cheese pizza, cheese fondue, cheese and crackers, wine and cheese, cheesecake, and nacho cheese sauce to name just a few.
You can slice it, shred it, bake it, melt it, and deep fry it! Cheese makes a great addition to mashed potatoes, hamburgers, sandwiches, and even pie crusts (so I’ve heard. I’ll have to try it and let you know.).
The thought of a delicious dish featuring cheese makes many people happy. Maybe that’s why photographers have been asking us to “Say ‘cheese’!” all these years. I know it sure makes me smile!
I’m glad to see this delightful dairy product gets a special day of recognition. The best part is that you don’t have to be from Wisconsin or a fan of the Green Bay Packers to celebrate! According to dairydiscoveryzone.com, eating certain kinds of cheese can help you lose weight and have cleaner teeth. Sign me up!
I don’t want to close by being cheesy, but this version of the Eurythmics “Sweet Dreams” seems like a great way to end today. (Author unknown).
In the spirit of the blog’s founder, May all your cheese and NEWS be good!
Thanks again for reading!
LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment