Wednesday, June 27, 2018

NEEDLING ME!


     THURSDAY, JUNE 28TH., 2018
              NEEDLING ME!

      I suspect my doctor is just like most
others. He like to needle, or joke, with me
as we review all those medical terms that
are Greek (probably actually Latin) to me.
      I had more serious matters on my mind
during Wednesday's visit.
      My allergies has been kicking up since
the beginning of the year. Just about the time
they settled down we paid a visit to Florida
when the pollen count was higher than
usual and there went the allergies again!
        With hot weather returning again this
week I suspected they would show up again.
         Additionally, both of my knees have
been aching like those of an old man. Oh.
wait a minute. I am, that is, well, both knees
have been hurting for the past few weeks.
          Being a kind and concerned physician
my family doctor refrained from needling
me as I explained my concerns and pains.
          Instead he addressed my issues. By
needling me! With real needles!
           Two that seemed rather large to me
were used to inject medicine into both knees.
He put a Band-Aid on both injection spots.
The needles didn't really hurt all that much although
both knees were sore for awhile afterwards.
            As for the allergies, he found a needle
that should help that problem too.
             I got that injection last or, you could
say at the "end" of the visit. I think he put a
Band-Aid back there too. I'm not sure. I can't
see it.
             Hope he can "stick" to jokes next
visit and that all your NEWS is good.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment