Saturday, June 23, 2018

FRONT ROW SEATS!


    SUNDAY, JUNE 23RD., 2018
         FRONT ROW SEATS!

    There are times when it's really good
to get close to the action! You know, seats
on the 50 yard line at the big game or
center court at the tennis match.
     This does not apply to your local
movie theater!
      On Saturday I violated one of my
own long standing rules and invited my
wife to go to the movies.
       I haven't enjoyed Saturday movies
since the days when I paid about 13 cents
to see a Western double feature (or the
Bowery Boys) the latest chapter in the
weekly serial, a Three Stooges episode,
and a couple cartoons.
        These Saturdays the theaters are often
crowded with teens who feel it necessary
to conduct conversations while the actors
deliver their lines or comment on the
attributes of the actor or actress on screen.
        I thought this time would be different.
I expected a crowded theater since a number
of "Children's Movies" were playing. But
the feature we wanted to see has been running
for a couple weeks so I didn't expect a big
turnout. Wrong!
        Our auditorium was just about filled
when we showed up. The only seat options
were the first two rows closest to the screen
or two seats in the third row which is
separated from the first two by an aisle.
         We took the two rather than waste
our trip. The new reclining seats were of
some help in our case since the headrests
provided some comfort as we stared up
at the huge screen!
           The movie was great and that
helped too! (The Book Club) Now I'm
balancing my neck muscles by staring
down at my laptop as I write this Blog.
 I will also make a note to adhere to my
policy of NO Saturday movies!
            Tuesdays look attractive because
admission is only five bucks. But unless
you get there early the other "cheapies"
like me will quickly fill those prime seats.
            I'm thinking our best bet is to
catch a movie in its last week on a Monday!
Then it's only bakers, barbers, and us looking
for the best seats!
             Hope I don't find any busses
parked outside and that all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment