Tuesday, June 5, 2018

THE BLOG, THE BLOG!

Sunday, June 3
THE BLOG, THE BLOG!
Many of you may remember a popular T.V. show in which a main character heralded the arrival of guests by shouting, “De plane, de plane!” After reading yesterday’s blog, you might welcome today’s in a similar fashion, “The Blog! The Blog!”
Of all the unusual observances noted today, I thought “Impersonate Authority” might be an appropriate choice for me to share with you. You see, I am trying my hand at blogging today and I am by no means an authority on the subject. I’ve never written a blog in my life! I’ve read and enjoyed quite a few, though, and jokingly offered to add a post while Dad’s away. It’s Cassie, David’s oldest daughter, stepping in as guest blogger today.
I wouldn’t recommend impersonating authority unless you are prepared to suffer the consequences of your actions! I guess there are some people out there who aren’t concerned, though. You know who I’m talking about. Have you received your call from the IRS or police threatening jail time if you don’t call back to discuss the charges against you? All you need to provide is your Social Security information or credit card number to pay the fines. Yeah, right.
This is also “Repeat Yourself Day”. As a teacher and a mom, I never realized there was only ONE day for this! To me, it seems like every day is “Repeat Yourself Day”.
Please keep your hands to yourself . . . keep your hands to yourself . . . keep your hands to yourself!!!
Please pick up your toys . . . pick up your toys . . . pick up your toys!!!
I think you understand what I mean.
Maybe you’d rather celebrate by enjoying a piece of cake and then eating another piece! I know I would!
Regardless of how you choose to spend the day, I hope you enjoyed “The Blog, The Blog.” It’s not quite the same as Dad’s, but I know he appreciates your support and wishes “All your NEWS is good!”
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment