Monday, June 18, 2018

OUT OF THIS WORLD!


   TUESDAY, JUNE 19TH., 2018
       OUT OF THIS WORLD!

    I was watching the news Monday
night when I saw a clip of the President
proposing a new branch of the Military.
    If the plan makes it through
Congress the U.S. Space Force will be
competing with the Army, Navy, and
Air Force for recruits.
     I suppose basic training would be
something like that used to train
astronauts in the years when we were
in the "space race."
     I kind of like this idea. In fact, in a
sense, I'm already a "veteran."
     Many years ago I joined the "Rocket
Ranger Corps." True, it was only a TV
show. But, in essence, it depicted our
fighting forces doing battle in the realm
of deep space.
       I really got into it! I still remember
the words and music to the Corp's march.
And best of all I still have my Rocket
Ranger Corps Shirt. It may have shrunk
a little over the years but I've still got it!
       Maybe the new force would like to
sign me on as an advisor. Although I'm
not sure I'm up for a long deployment
on Mars these days.
        If they're smart supporters will
pull up the old Rocket Ranger march
for their theme song. It's catchy and
will help lure recruits to the corps!
        I'm not exactly sure what its
mission will be although, since we're
talking about space perhaps it will
end up being a second front against
illegal aliens. When it comes to those
kinds of aliens a wall could be out of
the question.
        Anyhow, hope they get it flying
and that all your NEWS is good!

(You can hear the Rocket Ranger Theme
on YouTube)
https://youtu.be/nbMj4b2gNws


No comments:

Post a Comment