Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Baby It's Cold Outside!!!!


  The temperature had warmed up to a
balmy minus 2 degrees as I set out for
my morning walk at 9 yesterday morning.
   Of course that didn't take the wind chill
factor into account!
   I was dressed for the walk! Two pair of
socks, insulated jeans, a flannel shirt,
sweat shirt, Bomber Jacket...good to about
25,000 feet, knit hat, and a scarf.
   Good for the weather. Fortunately I did
not have a stop at the bank on my agenda!
    Blocks of ice were flowing down the
Susquehanna like icebergs breaking off
glaciers.
    I felt sorry for some of the folks I saw
who had to be outside. One large crew was
out trimming trees away from power lines.
   By the time I completed my second mile
my fingers, covered by leather gloves, were
not anxious to move. And tiny icicles were
hanging from my hat, scarf, and eyelids!
   By my calculations another mile would
have found be looking like Jack Nicholson
in the final scene of the Shinning!
   Hope you stayed bundled up like a bug
in a rug and that all your NEWS is good
(and warm!).
























































No comments:

Post a Comment