Friday, January 17, 2014

Put On A Pedestal!


   We often put people and things on
a pedestal!
    Statues of prominent historical
figures and our country's heroes.
    Husbands often put their wives
there. Yes dear. I do.
    The Liberty Bell, the Statue of
Liberty, and other similar icons are
set upon pedestals.
    Today I'm wondering what my
neighbors think.....about what I think
of our garbage?!
     Yesterday it was, in effect, set out
on a pedestal! Of course in my case the
pedestal was my Recycling container
placed upside down.
      And, so that you and those neighbors
all know, I was not honoring my trash!
       I was keeping it away from the
cats!!!!!!
       Regular readers will know we have
a herd of cats around my neighborhood.
I say herd because the term seems to fit
the number of felines running loose
around here.
        Our Township Trash crew comes
around fairly early. The cats come
earlier!
        If those garbage bags aren't out
of their reach the cats come checking for
breakfast. And their left overs are...left....
all over the place!
        At least one other resident has seen
the wisdom of my plan. After my garbage
was picked up I saw another bag perched
on top of a trash bin!
        But animal lovers should not fret.
There are plenty of other bags at ground
level where one man's trash is another
cat's feast!
         High or low, hope you remember
to take out the trash and that all your
NEWS is good!















        

No comments:

Post a Comment