Sunday, January 12, 2014

Packing It Up!


     I was about  park my car in Pittston
and head out for my morning walk when
I saw the first flash. I wasn't even sure
exactly what I had seen from the corner
of my eye. But the roar of thunder that
followed explained the flash.
     I was about to put on my radio
headphones when  saw the next
lighting strike!
     The thunder that followed that one
convinced me to abort my outside
walking plans.
     Good thing to! Within the next 90
seconds. when I should have been about
a city block away from my car, the
monsoon rains hit!
     I ended up doing a shorter stroll
inside the nearest Wallmart.
     This sure didn't seem like winter.
     And, as if to reinforce that thought,
I found my front porch filled with
boxes and containers when I returned
home.
     I couldn't miss the sign! My wife
had begun the process of taking down
the Christmas decorations!
      You don't realize how many things
are set up for the holidays until the
"dis assembly process" begins!
      A Santa here, an angel there. Bows
and ribbons, and on and on!
      My wife has a system for storing,
setting up, taking down, and packing
all of these things.
      I have a role or two as well.
      I take things down from high
places, hand them to her, and, most
importantly.....stay out of her way!
      When the rain lets up I'll likely
help haul all those containers out to
our shed.
       Hope it rains just awhile longer
and that all your NEWS is good!




      

No comments:

Post a Comment