Sunday, January 19, 2014

Oh Baby!


  Through the years I've been following
my grand kids as they show off their
talents in so many ways.
   When they do I'm usually there with
my video recorder preserving the
memories they themselves may want to
review in years to come.
   They'll see themselves singing in
school plays or concerts. They'll hear
the applause from the audience.
    And, chances are, somewhere in the
recording, they'll hear a baby!
    I'm beginning to think it's some kind
of strange curse!
    I've taken seats close to the stage, to
both sides, even in the balcony if there
is one.
    And in virtually every case, someone
with a baby takes a place just a few seats
away!
    Baby's don't seem to like concerts or
plays. I know this because they seem sad.
I know that because they cry!
    The problem is my camcorder microphone
doesn't know it's only suppose to record
the sound coming from the stage.
    That's why I was so apprehensive last
night when my grand daughter was on stage
with a singing and acting roll in her school's
Winter Follies.
    I was seated well in advance, picking a
seat I felt would give me a great view when
she came on stage.
    Sure enough, a woman carrying a babe in
arms picked a seat just across the aisle and
a row ahead.
     After hearing what sounded like a young
child hitting High C during the previous
play, on and off through 3 acts,I was afraid I
might be in for the same.
     Fortunately this infant was more like the
Gerber Baby and only tried to join in the
singing once or twice. It's considerate
mother carried the child away to do its solo
out of the auditorium!
      For this I, and future generations who
view my video, are forever grateful!
      Hope your baby is seen but not heard
in the audience....and that all your NEWS
is good!

 



























No comments:

Post a Comment