Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Seeing Red!


   I know. It's still Winter. In fact, judging
from those early morning sub freezing
temperatures, it's still very much Winter.
   But, in the midst of these Polar Vortex
events, or whatever you want to call them,
window wreaths and cut out snowflakes
have been replaced by Valentines!
   No sooner had Christmas decorations
come down then Red Hearts, Cupids,
and such began showing up on homes
throughout our area.
   I remember a time, not that very
long ago, when homes were pretty much
just decked out for Christmas and
Halloween. Seems we decorate
for every "holiday" these days. And some
folks really go all out!
   Cupid, of course, was not know to be
dressed in ear muffs and thermal gloves
so seeing his image seems strange when
it's clouded by your breath in the frigid
temperatures. I guess he's expected to
warm your heart!
  Ironically my morning walk took me
past what struck me as the scene of a
broken heart near some of those new
Valentines decorations!
   I spotted a lonely Snowman who
seemed to be gazing at a recently discarded
Christmas Tree! I suspect someone will
pin a heart to the guy pretty soon.
   Unless we see some Global Warming
soon this "Frosty" is likely to be around
well past Saint Patrick's Day!
   If you're sporting red for Valentine's
Day I hope it's flannel....and that all your
NEWS is good!







  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment