Thursday, January 9, 2014

My FedEx Christmas


   We've enjoyed a great, and long, Christmas
season at our house!
    Our decorations went up on November 30th.
The whole family gathered for our "Secret
Santa" exchange on Christmas Eve. My wife
and I had our own exchange Christmas morning,
and we celebrated again on "Russian" or
"Orthodox Christmas!"
    I love to extend the Christmas season!
   And this year, FedEx, helped me do it!!!!
   Yesterday, which by my calculations was 14
days after December 25th, the carrier delivered
a box containing the last of my Christmas
presents for 2013!
    As most everyone knows by now FedEx and
competitor UPS, bit off a bit more than they
could chew this Christmas season!
    There were far more orders than either carrier
had expected and fewer days in which to make
their deliveries. Add to that the manufacture's
announcement that this "custom order" would
take "a little longer!"
     My wife had ordered a gift I had placed on
my wish list and asked it be delivered to my
daughter's house so I wouldn't open it prematurely!
     As yesterday's delivery suggests, there was
no danger of that happening!
     Each day she would check with my daughter
to see if "the package: had arrived.
     When "Russian Christmas" came and went
she was probably beginning to wonder if her
order had somehow been lost in Siberia!
     But it's here now and I am so happy to have
a new set of seat covers for my little Miata. Of
course it's covered for the winter right now so I'll
have to wait a little longer to put them in place.
     I'm sure FedEx will be glad to know there's
no hurry!
     But thanks FedEx...for allowing me to extend
my Christmas celebration a little longer than
expected!
     Hope those delivery guys can join Santa now
in getting a little rest...and that all their and your
NEWS is good!





























No comments:

Post a Comment