Friday, January 24, 2014

Sensible Shopping!


    I nearly got the OK to handle a shopping
trip by myself the other day. But my wife
hesitated and we ended up heading out
together yesterday.
    She likes to remind me that various food
items are offered in different quantities and
at different prices. If you pick the best
buy you'll save money!
    I have probably cost us a dollar or two
on my personal shopping excursions by
picking up items that simply look good.
    On the other hand, if time is money, my
trips have saved us a fortune! I could have
been in and out of the place in 20 minutes!
Women shop differently!
   Our joint venture may have saved us a
quarter here or there. But it seems to me
that's lost when your careful scrutiny of
what's on the shelves results in buying
additional items that weren't on your
original shopping list.
    Then there's the "adjustment stops."
    Yesterday, for instance, my wife was
looking for a plastic container for small
items. She found one. But the lid didn't
seem to close properly.
     Most shoppers, certainly me, would
either pick up another one or forget the
whole thing.
     My wife, on the other hand, began
rearranging the plastic slots inside the
container. She insisted some of them
were upside down.
      I wondered how much of our
frozen food might begin to melt while
she repaired their product. She assured
me all would be well.
    After a few minutes of rearranging, the
lid did closed as designed.
    Still I was struck by a fear she might
begin checking other items on all the shelves
that stood between us and the exit!
    We'd be stuck in Walmart till
sometime in late March!!!
    This time though I lucked out. We even
got past the Yarn with just a brief glance!
     Hope those Sweet Peas haven't
thawed and that all your NEWS is good!




    

No comments:

Post a Comment