Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I C U ?


   Excuse me. That title should read
I See You.
   I was video taping my grand kids
in concert awhile back and wondering
if it was finally time to get a new
camcorder.
   The eyepiece just wouldn't give me
the kind of share focus I wanted although
the picture turned out crystal clear.
   But the problem wasn't the eyepiece!
   Had I looked through it with my left
eye  .....everything would have looked
fine.
    So, after 20 years or so, I found
myself in this office to get checked for
glasses. It was a good deal!
    Something like $69.95 for two pair, Exam
included! I figured I needed them.
    First they gave me a "pre-exam test."
    This must have been important because
they charged extra and I had to sign a
paper before being allowed to look into
three different machines.
    I had hoped at least one would have
had a movie or something. Nope.
    One had me searching for little
flashes on the screen. One had be
searching for little black boxes. And
one blew air into my eyes!
    I had to do all the work! I should
have charged them!
    After that I got to see an Eye Doctor.
    She put another machine in front of
my eyes and made me read these tiny
little letters as she changed settings on
the lenses.
     I thought I did pretty good.  But my
wife said I identified b's as 3's and d's
as something else.
    So the Doc came up with a
prescription that, she said, would help me
and we went back to the outer office to
pick out the frames.
    Even without the glasses, however, I
was able to see a bill that was hovering
around the $300 mark! That darn near
sent me to the ICU!
   What ever happened to that 69.95 dollar
thing?! There must have been some very
"small print." Maybe they figure...if you
need glasses...you probably can't read it!
    I ended up settling for one pair with
the frame of my choice and got things
closer to the two hundred dollar mark.
    There is definitely some improvement
although, next time, I think I'll just hold
my camera up to the other eye!
     Hope you "see" what I mean and that
all your NEWS is good!
















        

No comments:

Post a Comment