Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Go Fly A Kite!


   Please do not take my suggestion in a
negative way!
   In fact, should anyone tell you to "Go
fly a kite" today, accept the challenge
then ask them for a ticket to Jaipur! (That's
in India by the way!)
   Today is "International Fly A Kite Day,'
the last of a three day festival that draws
kite lovers and hobbyists from all over the
world.
    My kite flying experience is very limited.
    I remember taking my daughter to a park
near Tamaqua many years ago where we
attempted to get a kite airborne. We had, as
I recalled, limited success.
    We faired much better at the beach in
Wildwood, New Jersey during more recent
years. The sea breeze there provides a
natural lift for all sorts of fancy kites.
    The last time I tried at the beach some
dark clouds began to appear so I decided to
abort my attempts. The way I figured it, Ben
Franklin had already beat me to discovering
electricity so....why compete?
     Even with those few unimpressive
efforts I apparently developed a reputation
since, over the years, I've been told to go
fly a kite on numerous occasions! I was
beginning to think I should keep one close
at hand!
     I know I won't make it to the International
Festival. But it's nice to know so many people
are taking that oft offered piece of advice and
are doing something positive with it!
     It certainly didn't hurt Mary Poppins any!
     Hope you're in for smooth sailing and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment