Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Great Escape!


   It's January 30th friends and that, for those
who may not know, is "National Escape Day!"
I'm sure there's more than one person in local
lockups hoping to celebrate the occasion!
   You won't find it listed in the Congressional
Record and it's probably not marked in red on
your calendar. But it's an important day!
    You're suppose to celebrate by getting away
from our everyday chores and activities.
     Between work, school, family, friends, partners
and errands, we all get into a routine. This is a
day to "escape" from the routine.
     Of course it's a lot easier to talk about
getting away than actually doing it!
    I'm thinking of all those people escaping south
who ended up in Atlanta just about the time
the state got shut down by the first ice storm its
seen in years!
    And, let's face it, how many bosses out there
will forgive you for not showing up to work because
it's "National Escape Day?"
     I opened both doors on our Cockatiel's cage
to let him observe the "holiday." He didn't seem
to think escape was a great idea!
     I guess it's the thought that counts!
     So, I'm thinking about not taking the garbage
out today. That would be a good way to celebrate!
Right?
     Wait a minute! Seems my wife is not observing
this "holiday!"
     I'll be right back...........after I take the garbage
out! So much for honoring great days around here!
     Hope you get away with.....I mean escape from....
something today and that all your NEWS is good!



(Atlanta escape!)





















(I'm staying put)











(Can't escape this chore!)

No comments:

Post a Comment