Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Bachelor!


    My wife and I gave in Monday night and
watched "The Bachelor" on ABC TV.
    We did so in the wake of all the talk about
a local woman who is a participant on the
show.
    We didn't know anything about it until a
story broke about how the Wilkes-Barre
School District had given the woman an
unpaid leave from her teaching job which,
in effect, gives her the time to be on the program.
     Producers of the show couldn't pay for
all the controversial publicity that generated!
     For those of you lucky enough to have
missed this program (I have apparently
missed it for 14 seasons!) a dozen young
women compete for the affection of the
man known as "the Bachelor."
     This year it's a former Professional
soccer player named Juan Pablo.
     He's very much like me except young,
handsome, has a Spanish accent, and seems
to be wealthy!
      It's suppose to be a "Reality Show."
      But on Monday Mr. Pablo took his
date to the middle of a very high bridge
then jumped off, together, attached to a
Bungee Cord!
       When my wife and I were dating we
just went to the movies or plays. We
sometimes looked for Covered Bridges
but never gave any thought to jumping.
       Each week old Juan gives a rose to
each woman he picks to continue on the
show. Those who don't get a rose have
to leave. But, at least, they avoid having
to jump off a bridge!
       I like my reality a lot more than
Juan's!
       And, coincidentally, seven hours
before we decided to watch "the Bachelor"
I walked in with a dozen red roses for the
gal who became my winner!
       Hope you've got a winner too and
that all your NEWS is good!
























     

No comments:

Post a Comment