Saturday, January 24, 2015

Be Prepared


  I never made it into Boy Scouts. But
I was a Cub Scout. And the motto is the
same! Be prepared.
  By the time some of you are reading
this snow will have enveloped our area.
The forecasters told us about it all day
yesterday.
   Today, I am prepared!
   I took a tip from other car owners in
my neighborhood and raised the
windshield wipers on my van. It will
make it much easier to clear away the
snow. Although I'm not planning any
trips. A cover has been draped over
the windshield of our other car to keep
the snow off.
    There's plenty of rock salt in a box
on the porch. I didn't like it on my
popcorn anyway!
     We also made the pre storm
obligatory trip to the market yesterday.
We're all expected to do this whether we
need anything or not. The TV stations
are counting on us so they can do
their traditional story on "Shoppers
stocking up."
     There's bread, eggs, and milk in
the refrigerator. And Oreos too!
 We've got enough food to keep us for
a week. Unless, of course, I've very
hungry. In that case it's about a 48
hour supply.
     So, let it snow! It's Saturday and
I told my wife where she can find the
snow shovels on the porch.
     (Just kidding on that one!)
     Hope the Oreos hold up and that
all your NEWS is good!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment