Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Time To Get Bombed!

   THURSDAY, JANUARY 8TH.


   Now don't take me literally! I'm not
calling on anyone to turn to alcohol to
deal with this incredibly cold weather!
    I thought, perhaps, the mercury had
drained from my thermometer when I
checked it on the porch yesterday
morning. The needle was pointing
to 20 degrees! And the porch is
warmer than outside!
   It was clearly a time to get "Bombed!"
   My "Bomber" jacket had been safely
packed away for nearly a year. Patterned
after the popular Flight jackets of World
War II the leather jacket, with it's wool
collar, has proved to be my defense against
the bitter cold that often makes us question
the idea of Global warming!
   It became my wardrobe of choice while
still on the news beat when I was sent out
in horrible weather to advise our viewers
not to go out in the horrible weather!
   I am not a man for all seasons. But I
do have a jacket for all of them.
   I am thankful the Bomber jacket is
there when I need it to take on the
elements. But I'm always anxious for
temps to go up so I can pack it away
for another season!
   Hope you're keeping warm and that
all your NEWS is good!



   


      

No comments:

Post a Comment