Sunday, January 4, 2015

We All Scream!


  For everything there is a season!
  But some of those seasons are just
too darn short!
  I understand you can't play baseball
in the snow. And sleigh riding in the
summer would be most impractical.
  But who dictated that ice cream
should be confined to the dog days
of summer?
   Sure. You can find a large selection
of flavors in most any Convenience
store 24 hours a day throughout the
year.
    But most of the popular road side
dairy bars that cater to us from June
through August are closed by the
time Halloween rolls around.
   Thus it was I found myself searching
the web as I prepared to take my wife
and several family members in search
of a Friday Sundae!
    Our preference was a Dairy Bar as
opposed to a restaurant where ice cream
is simply offered as a desert.
   When I was growing up there was
an ice cream parlor within 4 blocks
my home in any direction! Most
of those gave way to the pre-packaged
half gallons (or however big they are
these days) available at any street corner
store.
    Fortunately they're not all gone!
    We found one just down the road.
I suppose you could say just a "Dusty
Road" away!
    The Blue Ribbon Dairy in West
Pittston has been operating an  Ice
Cream Parlor for some 65 years. And
they're open all year!
     Minutes later we were enjoying Milk
shakes, ice cream filled with brownies,
and my favorite....my  "Dusty Road"
Sundae!
     Ice cream is a treat for all seasons!
     And that's no news scoop!
     Hope you're in for a couple dips and
that all your NEWS is good!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment