Friday, January 16, 2015

Give That Man A Cigar!


   There was a time when cigars were given
as prizes to the winners of carnival games.
Hence the cry "Give that man a cigar."
    My Dad was a cigar smoker. I was at one
time and my son still is. I even have a good
friend who manufactures cigars!
    I dropped the habit after a very shot time
having learned that soar throats and radio
announcing didn't go well together.
    Relaxation to my Dad would be sitting in
a rocking chair at the seashore with the sun
shining and a cigar in his hand. He would
have been satisfied with a White Owl. That
was his brand of choice. They were cheap.
And, of course, they smelled that way!
     My son has picked up where my Dad left
off. He enjoys relaxing with a cigar when he
ever finds the time. He's courteous with
those around him and asks if anyone objects
to his lighting up. If they do he tells them
they're welcome to leave.
     He doesn't buy White Owls!
     These days a so-called "good cigar"isn't
cheap! Maybe that's why smokers don't
want to part with them until they're just a
very short butt!
      At the movies the other day I found one
partially smoked stogie carefully preserved
in the door handle of an SUV. It's owner
was undoubtedly waiting for the end of his
feature so he could return and relight his
treasure.
      Hope he remembers where he left it.....
and that all your NEWS is good!




     

No comments:

Post a Comment