Thursday, January 15, 2015

Sticking It To Me!


   Some things just don't make sense!
   I can get a cut just by opening a door
or bumping into something as I'm
passing by. Within seconds I'm looking
for a band aid to stop the bleeding. I've
got spots where one band aid has been
placed over another to make sure I don't
"bleed out."
    Then....... I go for a Blood test!
    Somehow my doctors use my blood
to find out if I'm eating too many French
fries or having too much ice cream.
     To get that information they send me
to a Clinic where an orderly, or whatever
you call them, wraps a big rubber band
around my arm then searches for a vein
from which to get their sample.
      If Dracula had to depend on the blood
I provide he would die! Or live. Or whatever
happens to starving vampires!
      Fracking or oil speculators would
consider my arms dry wells. The Clinic
people sometimes have to sink the needle
in numerous times to come up with the
blood they need, Why can't they just take
it from one of my cuts?
       I must tell you I have no problem with
the needle. It doesn't hurt at all.
       However, after getting what I've come
for they place a piece of gauze over their
bore hole and hold it in place with a piece
of tape. It is impossible to remove that
tape without ripping out every arm hair
in it's path! They do not leave easily!
      Hope they got enough to test for ice
cream and that all your NEWS is good!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment