Saturday, January 10, 2015

Do You Talk To Your Plants?


  I haven't been writing about my adventures
lately. That's because I haven't had any. I've
been pretty much home bound struggling
with a cough that showed up just after
Christmas.
   But when I found out this was "National
Houseplant Appreciation Day" I started
looking around and realized there's adventure
all around me!
    While our Christmas tree is artificial, it is
flanked by numerous plants that surround me
every day. The only time I know they're there
is when my wife steps in front of the TV to
give them water.
      I'm not really sure what kind of plants they
are. I have been told that one is a Christmas
Cactus that only blooms occasionally. I've
seen it bloom. But never around Christmas.
      There's another plant that just keeps
growing and growing without ever getting
much attention. I'm beginning to worry it's
like the one in Little Shop Of Horrors that
will eventually claim me for its lunch!
       The windows in our kitchen provide a
greenhouse effect for a number of smaller
potted plants. And while they are in pots
they are not pot! Nothing illegal here!
         I'm starting to learn a little about them.
        One, for instance, is a Cactus. The not
Christmas type. You shouldn't touch them!
I learned that.
         Some people say plants grow better
if you talk or sing to them! I haven't said
a word to any of them. But they seem to be
doing pretty well anyway.
         It was, I think, a valuable lesson. These
growing...."things".....seem to do very well
without me. I'll just leave them alone and they
should be just fine. I will, however, be keeping
an eye on that one big one in the living room!
Just in case!
         Hope your thumb is greener than mine
and that all your NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment