Sunday, January 18, 2015

If The Shoe Fits......


   I got swept up in a Fairy Tale last night!
   I've heard or seen the story of Cinderella
a hundred times over the years. But, last
night, I had to go to the ball once again.
   The students at Wilkes-Barre Academy
are well know for their success in the
preforming arts. Each year they work on
a series of plays which are offered to the
public free of charge at College Misercordia.
     This year students in the 7th and 8th
grades offered their version of Cinderella.
      Without the benefits of animation or
Hollywood special effects they transformed
the stage into the Kingdom where the
Prince was seeking a bride and Cinderella's
wicked step mother was determined to have
one of her two daughters win his hand!
      There's a lot of great magic in this story!
      I admit I'm bias on this one because part
of the magic was delivered by my grand daughter
who played Cinderella's Fairy God Mother!
      I've watched this young lady and her
classmates in every play they've been in for
the past 8 or so years. And I've yet to see
them in color!
      You see, every year I video tape the plays
so the family can enjoy them for years to come.
But the viewfinder on my camcorder (I don't
have a Smartphone) is black and white!
      Most people sit back and take in the acting,
singing, and dancing in live 3D. I am glued to
the action with one eye on the viewfinder and
the other eye shut!
       When I got home I transferred the tape to
a DVD! And suddenly, just like magic, everything
was in color.
       The students looked fantastic! And....WOW...
that Fairy Godmother!
        I think I'll ask her Dad if he wants to go with
me to the Gun shop!
        Hope your slipper fits and that all your NEWS
is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment