Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Three Quarter Time


   Who would have believe my daily
exercise would end up as a opera. And
not a three penny opera at that!
   I did a Blog about the parking meters
in Pittston a couple years ago. I loved
them! From a distance they looked like
your ordinary parking meters.
    But not up close!
    The meters I remember had no guts!
That this, there were no inner workings.
There was no need to put any money in
because you coin would just fall into an
empty space.
     Awhile back the city installed new
meters. Meters that actually worked.
     There's even an elaborate system that
allows you to buy meter time by cell
phone.
      Yesterday I braved the one inch
snow "storm" that hit our area and drove
to the Pittston YMCA for a brief workout.
      I parked in front and inserted a quarter
in my parking meter only to notice no time
registered on the dial.
      Not wanting to risk a ticket I moved
to another spot nearby and pulled out a
second quarter. Once again the meter
gave me no time for my coin.
      Unfortunately parking meters, unlike
vending machines, have no "Coin Return"
button!    
       Another spot opened up where someone
else had been parked when I arrived. I
moved in and checked the meter which did
have a reading. It read..."FAIL."
        Not wanting to take my opera to three
quarter time I simply parked the car and
went inside.
        I'm happy to report there was no ticket
on my car when came back outside!
        Hope the city can use the two quarters
I left behind and that all your NEWS is good!























No comments:

Post a Comment