Thursday, January 22, 2015

Joining The Party!


    I just started out for my regular morning
walk yesterday. Nothing special in mind.
    All of a sudden there I was in the midst
of a big party! Since I hadn't actually been
invited I just thought I'd take in all the
festivities and take a photo or two.
    Initially I wondered what the celebration
was all about. I got the answer when I
returned home and checked by "Bizarre
Holiday File."
    Turns out yesterday was "Squirrel
Appreciation Day!" Most of you probably
knew that already.
    We're reminded to enjoy these nut-burying,
scampering animals respectfully and with
consideration.
     I usually see a few on my morning walk.
But yesterday they really seemed to be out
in force and celebrating! Several were
jumping from tree to tree as if playing tag
with one another.
     Had I known in advance I would have
brought some peanuts to the party!
     Hope you're not Squirrelly and that all
your NEWS is good!





 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment