Friday, January 30, 2015

Look Who's On TV!


   My wife, two good friends, and I were
on TV yesterday.
   That's nothing new for me. After 29
years with WDAU/WYOU I'm still
doing programs on Electric City TV,
The Public Access station carried on
the Comcast cable system.
    But my wife and friends don't do those
shows with me so this was their big
chance!
     Channel 22 reaches viewers
throughout northeastern and central
Pennsylvania. ECTV is offered to
80,000 cable subscribers in Scranton
and communities in Wyoming Valley.
     Our audience for yesterday's show
was, admittedly, a little smaller. As
far as we know there were only 2
viewers!
     We were returning from an
afternoon luncheon when the TV
opportunity came to mind.
     Two of our good friends leave
town for a couple months each winter
to escape the snow. But their house is
equipped with a sophisticated security
system that includes cameras which
can be monitored from their laptop
or cellphones wherever they happen
to be!
     We decided to test it!
     Who could pass up a chance to be
on TV?
     We drove to their home, got outside
and looked up, straight into the lens of
one of their cameras. My buddy
waived. Our wives did a quick
Rockettes routine and I just stood there
trying to look innocent.
    Sure enough, our friends were
watching our "act" from their winter
retreat. I'm told we were in living color!
They were even able to tape us so they
can replay the segment on one of those
cold chilly nights when they're.....oh...
wait a minute......they're in Florida.
     Had we been burglars we would have
had additional pictures taken pretty
quickly. Each with a number held just
below our chins!
     Hope they erase the tape...and that
all your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment