Sunday, January 11, 2015

Stir Crazy!


     I've been serving a sentence for the
past week although I committed no
crime.
     Congestion and a persistent cough
resulted in a decree of home confinement
since last Tuesday. After five days I'd
say I consider that cruel and unusual
punishment!
      I've probably seen every episode of
Blue Bloods produced thus far and know
as much about Alaska and gold mining
as my Great uncle who actually operated
a mine there 80 years ago!
      Yesterday I had to escape, at least
for a hour or two.
       When I first made my break I nearly
turned right around. The temperature
outside, or rather the lack of a temperature,
almost made me change my mind.
        Fortunately, thanks to my remote car
starter, the van was already warm when I
stepped inside.
        My cellmate, my wife, accompanied
me on the get away. She steered me to a
Fabric Shop where she made use of a
Christmas Gift Certificate. Our next stop
was Kentucky. Not the state. The Chicken
place.
       We returned with crafts and food in
hand. A short escape to be sure. But long
enough to break the monotony of TV
reruns and weight loss commercials!
        Hope I'm paroled for health reasons
sooner than later and that all your NEWS
is good.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment