Friday, January 2, 2015

My New Year's Adveture


   I had a yen to begin the New Year
with a bit of adventure.
   And what better adventure than to
sit in the midst of wild animals and
dine on something exotic like a
Bison Burger?
    Since a genuine safari was out of
the question and the closest zoo is in
Philadelphia my wife, daughter, two
grand kids, and I opted for a trip to
Cabela's, the huge sporting goods
store in Hamburg, PA.
    I figured we could do a bit of
shopping then head to the store's
restaurant when the menu usually
includes unusual fare such as Elk
and Buffalo.
    Apparently one out of every
three people in the eastern part of
Pennsylvania had the same idea!
The place was jammed!
    Rather than fighting my way
through the shopping crowds I told
my family members to do some quick
shopping while I waited on the small
bridge near the rear of the store that
crosses an indoor trout pond. I thought
I'd watch the fish while the gang
looked for bargains.
     Within 20 minutes, however, the
bridge itself began to get crowded.
As it turns out those sharing the span
with me were at the ever growing
end of a check out line which now
spread the length of the store!
      I managed to stake out a small
space for myself then called my
daughter to suggest we adjourn to the
restaurant. There I could enjoy my
specialty meal and worry about
checking out after most other people
had already done so.
     The idea seemed logical. The
"Closed" sign on the restaurant did
not! Seems I had missed the last
chance to order by 15 minutes!
     For just a moment I got the
impression all those stuffed animals
were laughing at me!
     Hope there's a hamburger waiting
at some fast food joint nearby..........
and that all your NEWS is good!




    

No comments:

Post a Comment