Saturday, June 17, 2017

ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL!


        SUNDAY, JUNE 18TH., 2017
ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL!

    We celebrated Father's Day a day early.
But for good reason.
    Still recovering from her open heart
surgery my wife's movements are still
limited a bit. So, instead of getting the
family together for my daughter's
birthday on the 14th., or again for
Father's Day, or again for a Farewell
party for my other daughter's exchange
student, we lumped them all together
on Saturday.
     All available family members
gathered at my daughter's house where
the appropriate greetings, cards, and
gifts were presented and hot dogs and
hamburgers consumed.
      I did especially well, enjoying
Father's Day presents from my kids
and my grandkids!
      My sister-in-law from New Jersey
made it in for the gathering. I am
convinced she is the little redheaded
girl that has capture Charlie Brown's
heart! She and one of our nephews
supplied the wine!
       It was a bittersweet party since,
as I wrote, one element was taking
the time to say good bye to Kyle,
our daughter's exchange student
from Taiwan.
        He's seen a lot of our family
since coming here for the school
year. It would be interesting to
hear the stories he'll relate to his
own family when he gets  back.
I suspect his tales will all sound
a little bit like a Peanuts cartoon!
        But I think he'll be impressed
with the way our family comes
together to celebrate each other,
whatever the reason!
         I hope he remembers that
and that all his NEWS is good!











 

      


       

No comments:

Post a Comment