Thursday, June 29, 2017

TIME FOR A SHOWER?


      FRIDAY, JUNE 30TH., 2017
       TIME FOR A SHOWER?

   No! Today's Blog has nothing to do
with personal hygiene or the Bates Motel.
   This is National Meteor Watch Day!
   It's a time we're all encouraged to look
towards the skies in the hope of spotting
    Meteors are space dust and ice that enter
the earth's atmosphere. When they do they're
coming at high speeds. They burn up,
producing light as they streak across the
night sky.
      You might call them shooting stars.
And, chances are, you've made a wish on
them a time or two! That custom dates
back to ancient Greece.
      I actually had a piece of a meteor one
time. My brother took me to the Museum
of Natural History in New York where I
bought a book on meteors that included
a small piece.
       I thought it was prey cool.
       I don't know what ever happen to
it. I know I didn't use it in the shower
       Anyhow if the skies are clear
tonight head on outside for awhile and
see if you can spot one. Or a whole
shower of meteors!
        If would make for a great sight.
And maybe a couple wishes as well!
Hope yours come true and that all
your NEWS is good!




   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment