Tuesday, June 6, 2017

RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN, RUNAWAY!


     WEDNESDAY, JUNE 7TH., 2017
   RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN, RUNAWAY!

   Just in case you didn't already know the
first Wednesday in June is Global Running
Day!
    It's a day for people around the world to
celebrate the joys of running. Participation is
easy—just pledge to take part in some type
of running activity on June 7th,
    It can be a solo lap around the block, a long
run with friends, or even a game of tag with
your kids. The key is to share your passion
for the sport and inspire others to get moving.
    I used to run a lot. Well, jog actually. I
remember getting up early to get two or three
miles in before work.
     Bad knees changed that jog into a walk.
And now even the walk has become a now
and then thing especially since I don't
recognize the term "early" any more!
     I'd like to do more and maybe, if it really
stops raining, I'll give it a go!
     I remember feeling a lot better in those
days when jogging was a regular thing. Of
course I was 20 years younger at the time
which could figure into the story!
     So, if you're up to it, take some time to
join the global movement and get a bit of
running, or jogging, or walking into the
day.
     I'll be watching my 22-month-old
grandson tomorrow and I expect I'll get
some running in then, ready or not!
     Hope you don't fall down (done
that too) and that all your NEWS is
good!





No comments:

Post a Comment