Thursday, June 15, 2017

OH FUDGE!


  FRIDAY, JUNE 16TH., 2017
            OH FUDGE!

    No. Forget that famous line from
the movie A Christmas Story. I mean
exactly what I say! Oh Fudge!
     You see June 16th., is "Fudge
Day!"
       Nobody seems to know who
came up with this special day. But
fudge has been around for a very
long time!
        The earliest documented mention
of fudge can be found in a letter composed
by Emelyn Hartridge, who was studying at
Vassar College, located in Poughkeepsie,
New York. The letter detailed that fudge
had been made and sold in Baltimore
Maryland, in 1886. Other fudge recipes
in the USA can be traced back to the late
nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
          Our annual exposure to fudge
comes during vacation time in Wildwood,
New Jersey.
           There's a Fudge Stand about every
three blocks along the boardwalk and a
couple of them have people standing out
in front with free samples! With thousands
of people passing every hour a wise walker
can plan his path and timing so as to get a
lot of samples i9n a fairly short time!
            Of course you can make your own
fudge. I can't but you can. I have a niece
who makes some that's better than most I've
bought.
            Hopefully she made some for Fudge
Day and is reading my blog.
             If not I guess I'll just have to wait
till Wildwood this July!
              Have a "sweet day!" Hope all
your NEWS is good!



         







        

No comments:

Post a Comment