Tuesday, January 23, 2018

CALLING OFF SICK!


  WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 24TH., 2018
                CALLING OFF SICK!

      One of the prime advantages, if you
can all it an advantage, of retirement is not
having to call off sick when you're not feeling
well.
       Unfortunately you find yourself facing
the same responsibility if your free time has
been turned into volunteer hours.
        My weekly public affairs program, on
Electric City Television is done every Monday.
         My wife volunteers at a local hospital
every Tuesday.
         The stomach bug hit her Saturday
night and me Sunday evening. So, we both
found ourselves calling off sick for our
respective volunteer shifts.
          It was clear neither of us felt well
enough to handle our jobs but we both
felt bad for having to stay home.
          Funny. I never felt that way when
I used to stay home from school. Now, in
my case, nobody was required to call in
to let the school know I wouldn't be showing
up. But somebody was keeping track because
Days Absent did show up on my report card.
           Staying home never really bothered
me that much. In fact I can recall feeling
much better about the time the school bell
was ringing and I was still in bed! Often,
by lunch, I had made a complete recovery!
            No such relief came to either of
us this week. And yet it's so much easier
to stay home these days.
             There are medicines for whatever
ails you and about a hundred TV channels,
as opposed to the 12 when I was in school.
Of course there's still not much worth
seeing on any of them so that part's about
the same.
              Anyhow we're both sorry we had
to call off sick. Hope we'll be back on
scheduled next and that all your NEWS is
good.


1 comment:

  1. I am Mrs.Irene Query from Singapore i was in need of a loan of $150,000 and was scammed by those fraudulent lenders and a friend introduce me to Dr Purva Pius,and he lend me the loan without any stress,you can contact him at (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Approvals within 2-4 Hours.

    ReplyDelete