Sunday, January 14, 2018

THE SNOOZE BUTTON!


     MONDAY, JANUARY 15TH.,2018
            THE SNOOZE BUTTON!

       Maybe it was my busy Saturday. Maybe
it was the cold. Maybe it was the prospect of
activity scheduled for Sunday afternoon.
        Whatever the reason I was totally
unprepared to welcome Sunday morning.
A revision of a popular Neil Sadaka song
kept running through my head. "Getting
Up Is Hard To Do!"
          In fact I did begin to arise only to
feel like I had better sit back down on the
bed before I fell on it!
          I have been dealing with a cough
and some of that upper respiratory "thing"
that's been going around. But I didn't feel
sick. I was just simply wiped out!
         We have, on occasion, engaged that
infamous Snooze button on the clock radio
to buy an extra 30 minutes. A half hour
later I found myself no better and
announced my intention to get some
extra rest.
          That put the time at about 8:30am.
          It was getting pretty close to 2 in
the afternoon when I finally decided it might
be time to actually get up. I felt decidedly
netter as though my body had, perhaps,
been demanding some additional "down
time."
           Since my weekly program on
Electric City Television has been
prerecorded for this week I may delay
my Monday reveille as well!
           Here's to sleeping in! Hope all
your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment