Monday, January 29, 2018

THE GATE!


    TUESDAY, JANUARY 30TH., 2018
                     THE GATE!

       I was extremely happy when I drove
into the Marketplace at Steamtown (the
former Steamtown Mall) on Monday.
       That's because the gate was up!
       For months now the company that
runs parking in the Electric City has
been installing an elaborate ticket and
gate system in the mall parking garage
and I was afraid it might be operational
when I showed up for my weekly show
on Electric City Television.
         If you're wondering why I might
be concerned about paying a few bucks
for parking consider the fact I drive
from Wilkes-Barre to volunteer hosting
a program that promotes public events
and public services throughout the area.
          I've even done some feature work
that helped promote unique products and
services offered by some shops at the mall.
           Somehow paying to volunteer
doesn't seem right.
            Add to that the fact that malls,
generally, are in trouble. Paying to park
may not help that situation.
             To be fair, shoppers will be
allowed to have their tickets validated
by the merchants so it won't be an issue
for them AFTER they've purchased
something. "Window shopping," however,
could be expensive.
             I know time is running out (like
it does at the parking meters) and I'll soon
find that gate down when I show up to do
my volunteering.
              Hope a candy bar is worth a
ticket validation and that all your NEWS
is good!
             

2 comments:

  1. I am Mrs.Irene Query from Singapore i was in need of a loan of $150,000 and was scammed by those fraudulent lenders and a friend introduce me to Dr Purva Pius,and he lend me the loan without any stress,you can contact him at (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Approvals within 2-4 Hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is.Mrs.Anna Daniel. I live in Ukraine i am a happy woman today? i need to use this time to tell all people how i got my loan from this honest and God fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $84,000 please contact him. if you also need a loan without any problem he name is Dr Purva Pius email (urgentloan22@gmail.com) tell him that is Mrs.Anna Daniel that refer you to he

    ReplyDelete