Thursday, January 11, 2018

GOT MILK?

 THURSDAY, JANUARY 11TH., 2018
                     GOT MILK?

      MLK Day is coming up Monday but
January 11th is MILK Day! In fact it's
National Milk Day!
       I've always been a milk drinker.
I remember when the milkman used to
bring it right to our front door. For many
years those deliveries were made in a
horse drawn wagon. Up until the 1970's
one Hazleton dairy was still making
its deliveries that way.
         But other than white or chocolate
I don't remember there being different
types of milk! Oh I know there was
Goat milk. I'm told my brother-in-law
had to have that when he was a kid.
         Somewhere along the line
somebody introduced Low Fat Milk.
I always preferred the hard stuff myself.
Whole milk that is.
         Now there's so many kinds of
milk the tops have to be color coded.
1%, 2%, and so on. I still drink the
one with the red top!
         My grandson is being brought
up on Almond milk. He seems to love
it. I still don't understand how you can
milk an almond!
         I'll stick with the 'regular milk'
that comes from a cow. It still has a
lot of healthy qualities and there's
bound to be a pretty good supply
since the cows keep producing it
whether we drink it or not!
         And so a toast to all of you
on this National Milk Day and if
you happen to have a couple
cookies around for dunking I'm
OK with that too!
          Cheers! Hope all your NEWS
is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment