Wednesday, January 17, 2018

SNOW DAYS!


   THURSDAY, JANUARY 18TH., 2018
                    SNOW DAYS!

      Well the snow the weather folks predicted
on Monday did show up Tuesday night. As a
matter of fact Mother Nature sent just a little
extra to make the forecasters look good.
      It seems she has also decided to share
winter cold and, in some cases, snow with a
little more of the country. People a little farther
south are suddenly realizing it's good to have
a couple snow plows and some road salt on
hand. And many Snow Birds are happy they
took a couple sweaters along on their trip.
       Interstate drivers in Georgia were in a
daze when the highways turned to ice and,
around here, school delays quickly turned
to cancellations as the snow fell.
       My memory drifted back to my own
school days back in Hazleton, Pennsylvania's
Highest City. We had our fair share of snow
but, as my best friend recalls, only one
cancellation because of a storm!
        That happened during my High School
years. The High School was almost exactly
a mile away from my house and the route
there involved crossing one highway, Route
309. Still, with that one exception, we made
it every day.
        Elementary and Jr. High Schools were
not a problem. At least not for me. One was two
blocks from my house and the other three.
        I don't think I ever saw a school bus till
I got to High School! And I never rode one
until I  did a story aboard one as a news
reporter.
       Maybe "neighborhood schools" weren't
so bad after all! No cancellations or
transportation costs!
       Hope the snow day didn't leave you in
a daze and that all your NEWS is good!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment