Thursday, January 18, 2018

CAN IT


  FRIDAY, JANUARY 19TH., 2018
                   CAN IT!

      Today we salute a true unsung hero!
The Tin Can! January 19th is National
Tin Can Day!
       Just think of the major impact the
tin can has made in our lives! I for one
have enjoyed the benefits in many ways.
       When I was a kid my friends and
I would go for a hike in the woods. I
would often take a can of Campbell's
Chicken Noddle Soup along. We'd
build a fire, open the can and heat it
up for lunch.
        I think you're suppose to add an
additional cup of water to the brew but
the can was already filled so we just
enjoyed a stronger soup!
        After you were done you could
get a game of Kick the Can going.
We didn't have cell phones with aps
or IPods back then. A simple tin can
could keep us going for an hour or so!
Besides, with two tin cans and a long
string you had your own communications
system!
        I don't play Kick the Can these
days but I can enjoy my SPAM thanks
to the tin can in which it's packed so
the can still serves me well.
        The tin can has an amazing
story that still leaves me just a little
puzzled.
        You see the tin can was invited
in about 1800. The can opener didn't
come along until 1858! And it's much
harder to kick the can when it's full of
something! The game must have been
tough during those 58 years!
        Hope you're got a can opener and
that all your NEWS is good!
       
     

No comments:

Post a Comment