Tuesday, January 16, 2018

SOUNDS IN THE SNOW!


   WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 17TH., 2018
             SOUNDS IN THE SNOW!

    Snow falls more quietly than rain but
there are related sounds I've come to expect.
     One, of course, is the sound of a plow
making its way along the rods in our
development. Unfortunately I don't hear it
often enough and sometimes when I do it's
well past the time of day most of us want
to go somewhere.
      There are the sounds of a creature,
either cat or squirrel, making its way
from a nearby tree to our roof apparently
seeking a warm spot somewhere near our
chimney. I'd have to set up the ladder to
see the beast but the snow and cold has
put my curiosity on hold for the moment!
       The birds have been braving the snow
to take advantage of the seeds I placed in
a wide open bird cage just outside our
front door. I can hear then flying in and
out as they stop for their treat.
        The most encouraging sound I've
heard comes from two young kids
just down the block! It's so nice to hear
them out enjoying the snow. It brings
back memories of my old neighborhood
when kids ran their own winter Olympics
with sleds, snowballs, and snow forts
every time school was closed because of
the weather! I must have been thinking
of Saturdays!
         Wait a minute! I don't think we
ever close school because of a snow
storm except for just one time!
         Hope you enjoyed yourself and
that all your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment