Sunday, January 7, 2018

THAT SPINNING FEELING!


   MONDAY, JANUARY 8TH., 2018
       THAT SPINNING FEELING!

    If you're feeling a bit dizzy
today, or dizzier than usual, have
no fear! It's natural. You see
January 8th is "Earth's Rotation
Day!"
    We're all spinning with the
planet as it revolves around its
own axis. We go around once
roughly every 24 hours. Some
of us call that a "day."
     What you might not know,
however, is that the Earth's rotation
is slowing slightly with time! And
here I thought it was just me!
       Atomic clocks show that a
modern day is longer by about 1.7
millisecond than a century ago.
Guess I'll have to adjust my watch!
       I suppose we could all celebrate
by just going around in circles. But,
for me, that would just make it a day
like any other. Maybe I'll just make
use of that extra 1.7 milliseconds and
extend my afternoon nap!
       Hope you have a "stellar day"and
that all your NEWS is good!

    


No comments:

Post a Comment