Monday, February 6, 2017

CHOPSTICKS!


   MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6TH., 2017
                CHOPSTICKS!

       We enjoyed tons of food at our
Super bowl party Sunday. Much of it
was "finger food." But there was plenty
that required the use of utensils such as
knives and forks to consume properly.
We didn't leave a lot of leftovers. But
I wonder how much might have been
left had we tried to eat using Chopsticks?
       That question comes to mind because
this is National Chopsticks Day!       
        Chopsticks are the main eating
utensils for about one quarter of the
world's population. They've been in use
for over 5,000 years!
        My daughter has an exchange
student from Taiwan who is proficient
with the use of these two wooden sticks.
Most of the family have given them a
try since his arrival. My grandson tells
me he's getting pretty good with them.
I believe my grand daughter can handle
them too.
       I, one the other hand, can't even
play "Chopsticks" on my harmonica!
I salute those who can use them, especially
on this special "holiday." 
      I believe I'm in good hands using
finger food. But, if you're up to it, give
them a try.
      Hope you don't starve that all
your NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment