Monday, February 20, 2017

I SAY NOTHING! NOTHING!


   TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21ST., 2017
        I SAY NOTHING! NOTHING!

    It started with a head cold a few days
ago. My nose was running so fast it could
have won a marathon.
    I did my weekly show on Electric City
Television Monday. But I could feel my
voice getting weaker by the minute,
    I spent some time with my grandson.
But he doesn't talk just yet so I didn't much
either. We can communicate without words
anyway!
     At home last night I could feel the
laryngitis setting in. By 7 my voice was
pretty much gone.
     I sent an email to someone and was
surprised to get a reply informing me the
text of my message didn't go through. I
didn't realize my laryngitis had spread to
my laptop!
     The problem, the laryngitis that is, is
nothing new to anyone who's been in
broadcasting. You get it from time to time
sooner or later. Years ago it would have
kept me out of work. But since I don't
technically work anymore, it's not a big
concern.
      There are a number of remedies. But
it really helps if you simply don't talk for
a day or so. My wife is cheering at this
moment!
       I am still able to communicate. At
home I just make gestures, point, and
occasionally whistle a song that may
feature the words I'm trying to convey.
       With you folks I just type away my
messages and send a picture now and
then which, I'm told, is worth a
thousand words.
         But, for the moment....I say
nothing! Hope it works and that all your
NEWS is good!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment