Tuesday, February 21, 2017

YOU'VE GOT TO GIVE THEM CREDIT!


      WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22ND., 2017
      YOU'VE GOT TO GIVE THEM CREDIT!

  We've been getting more calls lately than we
received during any political campaign over the
past 10 years.
    They're coming from various companies
located, according to our Caller ID, all over
the country. They're all recorded, although
some are designed to sound as though they're
coming from a live person on the other end,
and they all begin with a phrase something
like "This is not a solicitation."
     The second line, for those faster of the
draw than my hang up, usually suggests
the caller is prepared to give me a much
better rate on my credit card!
      I'm not sure how any of these folks
know the rate on any of my credit cards.
But I suppose if I entertained each one
I could finally reach a point where they
are paying me to have the cards!
       Since I'm pretty satisfied with my
credit status quo I try to close the call as
quickly as possible. It takes a couple
second longer when I think I'm dealing
with a live person as I try to tell them I'm
not interested.
       They must know by now. But they
keep calling. Guess you've got to give
them credit!
        Hope they finally get my message
and that all your NEWS is good.

1 comment:

  1. I have reached the point where the urgency that I once felt when the phone rang just isn't there any more. Voice mail sorts my calls very nicely. All the solicitations (even if they claim not to be) have yet to leave a message. Keep on keepin on Dave.

    ReplyDelete